It's a little difficult to see how code samples and illustrations
(which I find invaluable) could be translated to audio....

It's technically copyright infringement (I believe) to translate the
books. I don't own the copyright, so I'm not about to call out the
lawyers. I am supposed to contact my publisher for permission (never
been refused, as it's publicity) when I want to use part of a chapter
for an article or presentation.

Besides, I have problems concentrating when I listen to books on tape,
so I'm not the best person to advocate this!

http://faith.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael