-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 3:39 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I have a 9.2 database running on Solaris 8. I'm creating some test tables
with indexes. The USER_INDX tablespace's datafile is set to autoextend (as
are TEMP and USER_DATA). When the system attempts to create indexes, instead
of auotextending the datafile (there is plenty of space on the device), it
throws an ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
USER_INDX error. If I manually resize the datafile and rerun it, no
problems.

Anyone else heard of this behavior? I can't find anything on Metalink that
fits the problem definition.

Dan Fink

Author: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT)