From: Fink, Dan
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 10:39 AM
Subject: Space management failures on autoextend datafiles

I have a 9.2 database running on Solaris 8. I'm creating some test tables with indexes. The USER_INDX tablespace's datafile is set to autoextend (as are TEMP and USER_DATA). When the system attempts to create indexes, instead of auotextending the datafile (there is plenty of space on the device), it throws an ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace USER_INDX error. If I manually resize the datafile and rerun it, no problems.

Anyone else heard of this behavior? I can't find anything on Metalink that fits the problem definition.

Dan Fink