Ron,

  • Data files in this case would be visible in dba_temp_files
  • The object will exist after the session has ended but it will release any space if the session created rows in that object. In other words as you create more rows, it will allocate extents, as soon as your session ends it will release those temp extents, it will still have some space allocated to it since the definition of the table will remain in the schema.

You can verify space allocation/deallocation using v$sort_usage dynamic view.

Regards,

Viral