According to oracle documentation or metalink sources,  if the BLEVEL were to be more than 4, it is recommended to rebuild the index.

select index_name, blevel,
decode(blevel,0,'OK BLEVEL',1,'OK BLEVEL', 2,'OK BLEVEL',3,'OK BLEVEL',4,
'OK BLEVEL','BLEVEL HIGH') OK
from dba_indexes
where owner = '<owner-name>';

When troubleshooting a performance problem in a data warehousing environment I found that some of the indexes had BLEVEL at 5 or 6.

I am curious to know whether these indexes are candidates for rebuild. Should be looking at BLEVEL for bit-mapped indexes at all?  I am not that experienced in bit-mapped indexes hence posting it to the group.

Thanks in advance.

Govind