From: Mark Richard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 4:51 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: slow query help

I tend to agree with Stephane...

It looks like that query was possibly generated by a tool.  If not you
should go talk to the person who wrote it.  Find out what the business
rules are and write it from scratch.  In reality the query keeps hitting
the same two tables, presumably looking for rows that have just been loaded
which match existing rows in another table based on the names matching in
some fashion (ie: perhaps incorrect firstname/middlename usage, etc).

message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank