>  What do you get when run this on the server hosting Oracle:
>
>  lsnrctl services

Waleed, thanks for your input. Here is what I have (below are my MTS
settings)

 MYDB               has 1 service handler(s)
   DEDICATED SERVER established:259 refused:1
     LOCAL SERVER
 MYDB               has 6 service handler(s)
   DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
     LOCAL SERVER
   DISPATCHER established:2 refused:0 current:2 max:4000 state:ready
     D004 <machine: MYSERVER, pid: 683>
     (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.com)(PORT=2276))
   DISPATCHER established:4 refused:0 current:0 max:4000 state:ready
     D003 <machine: MYSERVER, pid: 636>
     (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.com)(PORT=2275))
   DISPATCHER established:1 refused:0 current:1 max:4000 state:ready
     D002 <machine: MYSERVER, pid: 534>
     (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.com)(PORT=2274))
   DISPATCHER established:1 refused:0 current:1 max:4000 state:ready
     D001 <machine: MYSERVER, pid: 301>
     (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.com)(PORT=2273))
   DISPATCHER established:1 refused:0 current:0 max:4000 state:ready
     D000 <machine: MYSERVER, pid: 668>
     (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.com)(PORT=2272))
 DB2              has 1 service handler(s)
   DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
     LOCAL SERVER
 DB3              has 1 service handler(s)
   DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
     LOCAL SERVER

MTS_DISPATCHERS="(protocol=tcp)(dispatchers=5)(pool=on)(tick=1)
(connections=1000)(sessions=4000)"
MTS_MAX_DISPATCHERS=32
MTS_SERVERS=5
MTS_MAX_SERVERS=64
MTS_SERVICE=MYDB
MTS_LISTENER_ADDRESS =
"(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PORT=1521)(HOST=MYSERVER))"

Author: Bob Metelsky