-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Since you didn't include the OS you have, I won't guess what the answer
should be.

Please consider that the answer is dependent upon which OS in underneath
Oracle.

                      "Nguyen, David M"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Multiple recipients
of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      o.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Embeded password in
script
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      02/24/2003 12:54

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      ORACLE-L

I have been tasked to write a script to run SQL.  I don't want a password
field to be shown in the script.  Does someone have run into this and have
better idea?  For example, I have following line in my script.

Sqlplus dbimpl/password @SQLscript.sql

Also, from command line we go through following steps to shutdown database,
how do I code these steps in the script?

$svrmgrl
SVRMGRL>connect internal
SVRMGRL>shutdown

Thanks in advance,