From: Nguyen, David M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 3:54 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Embeded password in script

I have been tasked to write a script to run SQL.  I don't want a password
field to be shown in the script.  Does someone have run into this and have a
better idea?  For example, I have following line in my script.

Sqlplus dbimpl/password @SQLscript.sql

Also, from command line we go through following steps to shutdown database,
how do I code these steps in the script?

$svrmgrl
SVRMGRL>connect internal
SVRMGRL>shutdown

message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank