Title: RE: show errors doesn't show anything ???

Could it be that the user has access to compiling the procedure but no access to read the system error table?
I was able to see the same result as you when I created a user that had only the system privileges "create session" and "alter any procedure". The user is able to compile procedures but unable to see the error messages.

Does a user with SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE see any errors for the procedure in DBA_ERRORS?