From: Rahul
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: why SAN ? why not external storage ?

my reasons to recommend an external storage was..
1) the database size is 36GB, and according to many documents i have read, SAN is not cost effevtive unless populated
by a large numbers of drives !!, now for the client the cost is not the factor.. given the situation.. wouldnt a SAN be an overkill ?

2) NO DBA or SYS ADMIN skills to manage the SAN !!