From: Stankus, Paula G
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 8:28 PM
To: Stankus, Paula G; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Good technical documents/references on tuning restores

Okay - from my reading you don't need to have multiple tape io slaves if you are using asynch. I/O.  Again, best document for perf. tuning database restores using RMAN would make mucho difference.  Read old note about someone doing an analyze on the RMAN catalog tables to improve performance of restore.  I think it has something to do with how quickly it finds the file on tape and writes to disk.