I'm running OID (LDAP) and don't find it to be any of those things.  I
do not run 9iAS either.

In fact, I considered using Names as well, but I had installation
problems (the script that was supposed to show up in OH\network\names
never did), so I bagged it in favor of OID.  It works like a champ.

http://calendar.yahoo.com
Author: Paul Baumgartel