[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 5:10 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Yes, I am sure. Just to make sure, I have compared the counts from export
log file and import log file. Also I compared it with import log file I did
in to 8i database.

What I did with two pass import is..first I have imported with constarints=n
then I imported with ROWS=N & CONSTARINTS=Y. So I am not doing any
truncates.

And to make sure again... I have tried troubleshooting one of the failed
constraints with smallest table:

Table TWESVS is having FK, FK_OF_VS_SYSID on column TWESVS.VS_OFF_SYSID
referring to TWESOF.OF_OFF_SYSID.

1) The Error:

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 2298 encountered
ORA-02298: cannot validate (CMS.FK_OF_VS_SYSID) - parent keys not found

2) The constraint definition:

ALTER TABLE CMS.TWESVS ADD  CONSTRAINT FK_OF_VS_SYSID
 FOREIGN KEY (VS_OFF_SYSID)
  REFERENCES CMS.TWESOF (OF_OFF_SYSID) ON DELETE CASCADE;

3) The user_constarints entry
SQL> select constraint_name, status from user_constraints
     where constraint_name='FK_OF_VS_SYSID';

CONSTRAINT_NAME                STATUS
------------------------------ --------
FK_OF_VS_SYSID                 ENABLED

4) And I tried disabling and then enabling manually, it gave ORA-02298
error.
Also I tried to catch the bad data into excetions.
The data in TWESVS.VS_OFF_SYSID ranges from values 1 to 107 (with some
values missing)
and the data in TWESOF.OF_OFF_SYSID ranges from 1 to 109.

And the following query returned no rows.

Please help me what could be the reason.

Thanks,
Surendra