-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 3:50 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Here's a bit of code that will always find the first wednesday of the
following month:

-- find the first wednesday of any month

alter session set nls_date_format = 'mm/dd/yyyy';

define testdate = '09/03/2003'

select
   trunc(add_months('&&testdate',1),'mm') +
   decode( to_char(trunc(add_months('&&testdate',1),'mm'),'dy')
      ,'wed',0
      ,'thu',6
      ,'fri',5
      ,'sat',4
      ,'sun',3
      ,'mon',2
      ,'tue',1
   )
   --, to_char(trunc(add_months('&&testdate',1),'mm'),'dy')
from dual
/

HTH

Jared

PS.  You're out by the airport, correct?  I interviewed there once upon a
time.

Josh Collier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 07/22/2003 12:14 PM