-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 2:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

<massive generalization>

It seems like DBAs that use Emacs over vi (emacs vs. vi being the
classic UNIX holy war) tend to be people who were introduced to UNIX by
being either a developer or an end-user.  If a DBA favors vi over emacs,
it seems that they generally come from a sysadmin background.  That's
how I ended up a vi user - none of the systems I was ever working on
could be counted to have any editor OTHER than vi.  For better or worse,
its the ubiquitous UNIX text editor.

</massive generalization>

Of course, there are those who use notepad + ftp........

Matt

--
Matthew Zito
GridApp Systems