----- Original Message -----

> It's too bad.  It seems like it would be fun.

What for?  Make the employer shell out another BIG bunch of notes?
To get a piece of paper that says on that date and with that hardware
one could perform a backup and a restore?

What does that say about the ability to lead a group of developers,
or design the strategy for database access or solve a really nasty
performance problem without forcing re-development or re-tooling?
Or any of a million other tasks truly knowledgeable people get asked
to perform?

No wonder TK doesn't want to talk about it: it's laughable,
and he prides himself in being a serious expert.

The single fact the masters was created is the perfect admission
at long last the OCP was nothing but a sham.  Everyone knows it,
some just insist on continuing the good old PC stuff (go with the flow,
let it ride, etc). It is the simple truth: its value as a "certification"
was and always will be nill.

That the masters is being sold as the new "be-all-end-all" is even more
demeaning.

> Chris

They'll be able to take a hot backup, rest assured.
With milk and two sugars, please.

Cheers
Nuno Souto

Author: Nuno Souto