----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 9:24 PM

> ... A stupid solution might be to prefix the name of each tablespace
> with the name of the database it was created in ... you might have to
> play with users' quotas to allow them to create tables in the
> tablespaces you have plugged in but it is infinitely better than
> updating SYS tables ... I have done it in the past but always after a
> very very careful study of the situation and only because I really was
> cornered (and had a good backup).
>
> Jacques Kilchoer wrote:
> >
> > I think this would be the perfect time for you, as DBA, to explain to
the Powers That Be that updating SYS.TS$ is a BAD idea and that the
transportable tablespace plan has to change. You have damning evidence at
this point in time. You will be doing yourself and your successors a big
favour.

got here. Its part of the transportable tablespace plan since you cant have
multiple tablespaces with the same name in one instance.

Author: Ryan