Hi!

I wouldn't call  it a real negative experience, but:

C:\Work\Oracle>sqlplus "admin/admin"

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production on N Sep 11 17:21:59 2003

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

SQL> alter index i set;
alter index i set
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

This statement writes some trace to core_dump_dest. The index name can be
anything, seems that the syntax checking part crashes server process (or
thread) since I'm on W2K SP4.

Tanel.