  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
  Stephen Lee
  Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 5:29 PM
  To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
  Subject: RE: 9.2.0.4 anyone

  Oh yeah, I forgot to say that in 9.2.0.3 the shared pool was
  broken up into
  "heaps" (Oracle terminology) but whatever fancy stuff they were trying to
  accomplish by doing this (I think part of the magical self-tuning
  initiative) was buggy and this hastened the fatal 4031 situation.
   There is
  a parameter (so I have been told)

  _kghsidx_count = 1

  that makes the shared pool one big memory area.

  One of the "fixes" in 9.2.0.4 is to make this the default now (so I have
  been told).

  Author: Stephen Lee

Author: Ruth Gramolini