I'm trying to create a table using 'Create Table...As Select...'

The contents will then be exchanged into a partitioned table, so they need
to have the same names and datatypes.

Some of the columns in the created table are populated with zeroes & will
be updated after the partition exchange, one of the columns is populated
with a decode that returns a single digit number.

The problem is that I need particular number formats in these columns -
the one-digit column should be a number(1,0) and the others should be
number(12,4). I can't specify column types in create table...as select, so
how else can I force the columns to a particular format?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Cheers
Simon Anderson