unfortunately we _had_ to do it in pl/sql ... it is part of the encrypted feed that we send out to our clients ... it is decoded by a chip.

Oh well .... I am back to array of references ...

Raj
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 2:20 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: UNIX : script help/input

Raj,

I did consider doing it this way, but the thought of writing stuff to the
bit level for a prototype was just too painful.

Left pad with zeroes, take a substring, feed it to the handy-dandy
hex/oct/bin/dec converter package - much easier.

Jared

"Jamadagni, Rajendra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 10/02/2003 05:54 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L