Actually, I don't understand what you mean. Here is 9.2:

SQL> create tablespace test datafile '/data/oradata/data/test01.dbf'
 2  size 10M extent management local autoallocate
 3  segment space management auto;

Tablespace created.

SQL> alter tablespace test rename to test01;
alter tablespace test rename to test01
                            *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01904: DATAFILE keyword expected