From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:50 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Development vs. Production DBA

I will ditto Stephane's and Brad's opinions on this.

If the DBA is a competent PL/SQL developer, then sure.

If not, then don't try to write the PL/SQL.

Being a competent PL/SQL developer is *much* more difficult
than it was a few years ago.

I can write PL/SQL all day if I can stick with stuff that is 5+ years old.  :)

There are so many new features available to the Oracle developer
that it would be very difficult for a DBA to keep up.

Jared

This e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000 and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank you.