Dear : All

First and foremost , if i ask stupid question pls
forgive me coz i new to oralce. I have a question
here.

I have a server, and this server contains 5 oracle
database. Each database contains 5 web application
that are running on live ( production server ). As i
understand abt oracle , every database that i created
will have 1 instance. So since this server hold 5
database then i will have 5 instances running.

Lately, my manager want me to remove all the databases
and remain a single instance. I was wondering if i
move everything into single database then if one of
the application fail due to oracle error , then all
other four application will fail also rite ?

Each of our web application needs to have 2 schema and
both schema have to be transparent to each other.
While other application schema will be invisible to
each other. Since i have 5 web app then i will need 10
schema.One major problem is all the 10 schema will
contain same table name. It will be a mess putting so
much app in a single db .

Pls correct me if i am wrong and do let me know what
are the pro and cons or maybe you can educate me with
some of the best practice to setup a proper production
server environment.

Thank You

Regards,
Jkean