You are (I presume) the keeper of the data,
responsible for its integrity and safety

What you need to present to your manager is what risks
to safety and integrity might be faced if all of the
databases are rolled into one.

How closely tied are the applications for the 5
databases?  If 1 application requires a patch for some
reason and you've rolled all 5 apps into 1 database,
all 5 will need to come down for a patch.  If
separate, you are able to patch up just the instance
requiring the patch and leave the others running.  If
separate, upgrades will also be easier -- you can
upgrade 1 database at a time, mimimizing down time.

All 5 apps will require exact same versions of
database and patch level if rolled into a single
instance.  That may or may not be ok.  If any of these
apps require a maintenance window, all 5 must be
down/restricted at the same time.

A lot of flexibility is compromised when 5 different
apps are merged into a single database.  Exactly how
much difficulty that might cause depends on the apps.

There are a couple of benefits from folding all 5 into
a single db.  The big question is whether these
benefits outweigh the lack of flexibility from havig
all 5 in a single database.

Just some things to thing about.
Good luck!
Barb