Yes but...

The developers use Cognos tools for all their
development.  Nobody writes any PL/SQL, triggers etc.
So again, all that the developers might lose is data
that they loaded which can be easily recovered by
re-running the ETL process.

What I'm trying to say is that the environment from
the database perpective is fairly static except when
data is loaded.  No users accessing directly,
deveopers using third party tools for development and
data changing slowly.

Thanks for the input.

mohammed

Author: mkb