Hello All,
  I have a strange problem...
  I have a table on which i am doing an update. Its a partition table and
  the local index on the column which is being updated is in an unusable
  state.
 I have a database trigger at statement level (before update of col_a for
 ....) where i do an execute immediate ' alter session set
 skip_unusable_indexes = true';

  i log into sqlplus as the owner of the table and do the following

SQL> connect [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enter password: ******
Connected.
SQL> UPDATE nevadmin.DM_MORTGAGE_LOAN_HIST SET ORIGINATION_SOURCE_KEY =
11111 where
  2  mortgage_loan_key = 11111 and period_key = '30-JUN-03';
UPDATE nevadmin.DM_MORTGAGE_LOAN_HIST SET ORIGINATION_SOURCE_KEY =
1166444 where
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01502: index 'NEVADMIN.DM_MORTGAGE_LOAN_HIST_BK13' or partition of
such
index is in unusable state

SQL> /

1 row updated.

My question is why does the trigger not fire for the first time...
When i do the /  i am able to update the table which means the trigger is
firing the 2nd time.

Any help would be greatly appriciated..

thanks,

sathish.