As far as I know substitution variables (&) are used in SQL*Plus domain, and don't work in PL/SQL scope (many times I wish the did)

and bind variables bind themselves (as I mentioned by use of USING clause) by they fully specified name

I don't see any way to dynamically access PL/SQL variables, you can only dynamically access SQL stuff (tables, views,... using select, insert,...)

        hoppo