Frederick,

Here is my take on your questions.

Natural hybrids are not species albeit they are found in the wild. Most
(please read "most but not all") have very limited populations restricted to
a single plant or to a handful of plants that occasionally occur. Most do
not reproduce in the wild because being a hybrid the pollinators don't visit
them (for various reasons)so they don't produce seed capsules. Therefore
they die out after a time. Since they are not a species they are not and
should not be included in CITES. And collectors (I would not use "poachers"
as it is perfectly legal to collect plant in many countries) do take them
hoping they have a new species but soon reality sinks in and other than
interesting they just exist in the local Floras. And before everyone jumps
in I know and can also give you examples of large populations of natural
hybrids.

CITES is not a conservation Treaty, it is a TRADE Treaty. There is no
conservation provisions in the treaty and the CITES Secretariat will tell
you this also. It is a revenue producer for all countries that is why they
keep usurping more things into CITES, even those expressly excluded. I would
suggest you read the Treaty (it is on the web) if you find any conservation
efforts please let me know, because I have gone over it ad nauseam and can
find none.

Regards,

icones