I would agree that the dry period I give does not sound right.
After I first obtained this plant I grew it like my other odonts, and it did
not flower.
Subsequently, for me, it did not set an inflorescence if watered after the
new growth; and the buds blasted if watered after the buds appeared. It never
did well until I kept it dry from new growth to flowering-usually about 6
months. I have since obtained an AM, and 9 years later a CCM, so it has done fairly
well. Although it did not win the final award, it was the official nominee
from the Northeast Judging Center for the Duggar Award (best Odontoglossum) for
2003.

Wilford Neptune