Ron,

The time from flask to flowering for a Paph. rothschildianum will depend a lot on the parents of the flask. Some parents are very good at producing seedlings that will rapidly grow and bloom, while others seem to insure a very reluctant grower and bloomer. I find that seedlings with Paph. roth. 'Charles E' are very reluctant to bloom and take 15 years or more, while others can bloom in as short as 6 years. My habit has become to buy a variety of seedlings from several growers. I always ask the parentage, and stay with some of the newer awarded parents that are showing better and better growth and blooming characteristics.
Some breeders are in the F3 or F4 of breeding for better and better Paph. rothschildianum's.

Tom Hillson