Title: Dendrobium falcorostrum.

Charles, what an interesting story about the roos and one which I certainly never heard in Australia. When I was a cymbidium hybridizer in New Zealand we always had plenty of casualties. As we took the losers to the rubbish tip in barrows the resident goats would start salivating and cleaned the plants down to the bulbs, which they seemed to ignore. A great way of conserving space in the tip! Another interesting NZ cymbidium story concerned a commercial grower who had plants in a shade house with their leaves extending into a neighboring field. The cows would graze the leaves back but they must have had a virused plant or two in the mix because pretty soon, there was a wall row of completely virused plants. I have never seen cows listed as virus vectors but it just goes to show, one can never be too careful!

Andy Easton