Paul,
I don't know about S. pallidus but we grow S. cecilae as a Vanda in an empty basket kept warm and humid. A few are throwing spikes now so they seem to be liking that.

Nothing beats the fragrance of V denisoniana now in bloom in the greenhouse and wafting across the backyard to poolside ahh yum

Paul and Diane LeBlanc
Species Orchids
http://www.bluemoonexotics.com