I'm considering adding Dendrobium falcorostrum to my orchid collection, and I'd like to see if anyone has experience with this species. I've read that it prefers cool conditions in order to thrive, which might be a problem for me since I live in the Midwestern portion of the US, where our days are usually very warm and humid. My other Australian Dendrobiums (kingianum, pedunculatum, curvicaule and x delicatum) spend the summers outdoors here, get lots of sunlight and water, and do well for me, but I'm not sure how adaptable falcorostrum would be under the same conditions, and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with it--especially if you grow it outside of its ideal environment. Thank you.

Discover Yahoo!