I am not a taxonomist, but I can confirm it.
Further, I wouldn't suggest asking a taxonomist as the
opinions will be inconsistent.

For reference, you can check out my color pigments
page at:
http://www.nascentorchids.com/color_pigments.html

also check out this:
http://www.nascentorchids.com/color_designations.html

This will generally outline what you are looking for.
But keep in mind, it is entirely possible to have a
plant with normal coloration but without anthocyanins
because there are also carotenoids which have colors
typically associated with flavonoids.

Steve Topletz
Nascent Orchids

Brian> Icones,

Brian> I'm a hobbyist orchid grower, not a botanist, but based upon a talk one
Brian> well-respected speaker gave to our orchid society several years ago, my
Brian> understanding is that some 'alba' orchids with suppressed anthocyanin
Brian> (red or purple) and flavonoid (yellow) pigmentation can still appear
Brian> greenish due to the inheritance and distribution of chlorophyll within
Brian> the plant, including the flowers. Can any of our resident taxonomists
Brian> and botanists confirm or deny this understanding?

>> Marc,
>>
>> After I got off the computer I went and looked at my set of the Japan
>> Orchid
>> Growers Association's Register of Awards. Admittedly my set is
>> incomplete
>> (missing 7 issues) but I was able to locate one Laelia (Sophronitis or
>> Hadrolaelia if you prefer) tenebrosa alba listed. However in looking
>> at the
>> photograph it just shows an aurea form. There are two types of aurea
>> forms,
>> one with the color of the lip the same as in the type, and then ones
>> with
>> pure white lips. There are clones that are green instead of yellow,
>> but I
>> would never call any of these alba.
>>
>> icones

Brian> the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)