Last year I spent a month trying to determine orchid production in the orchid producing countries. To say the least - they were all' very economical with the truth'
I eventually worked out that country A would sow the seed, re-plate and pot into 1 inch pots in trays and export X million orchids to country B. This country would grow them on to just before flowering then export X million orchids to country C. This country (near the flower market) grew them to flowering size.
If you add up exports there are 3X million but really it is only X million.
The total money that changed hands was about $15billion.
Regards