Some Paphs partially close their Stomata. They don't all act the same way. I am only speaking generally about fixed open stomata and orchids. I will foliar feed especially in spring when there is a huge light change due to my location in Minnesota. The intense and rapid increase in light after a long dreary winter causes a lot of nutrient problems for orchids. I observe this and when I start seeing a problem (such as yellow leaves at the base of my Paphs) I will foliar feed at a rate 6 times stronger than recommended for root feeding. I do this only in the morning and perhaps once per week until thing stabilize. I apply only enough to wet the leaves through misting but not to the point of runoff. I can literally see the difference in the plants color by the end of the day.

Jerry Lee Fischer