Jerry,

I  have  often wondered that since foliar feeding trains the plants to
start  absorbing  through  their  leaves,  might  it also be a greatly
increased  vector  for pathogens? Are you also using any anti-pathogen
chemicals in addition to the paph mix?

ST

Orchids> Some Paphs partially close their Stomata. They
Orchids> don't all act the same way.
Orchids> I am only speaking generally about fixed open
Orchids> stomata and orchids. I will
Orchids> foliar feed especially in spring when there is a huge light change due
Orchids> my location in Minnesota. The intense and rapid
Orchids> increase in light after a
Orchids> long dreary winter causes a lot of nutrient
Orchids> problems for orchids. I observe
Orchids> this and when I start seeing a problem (such as
Orchids> yellow leaves at the base
Orchids> of my Paphs) I will foliar feed at a rate 6 times
Orchids> stronger than recommended
Orchids> for root feeding. I do this only in the morning and perhaps once per
week
Orchids> until thing stabilize. I apply only enough to wet the leaves through
Orchids> misting but not to the point of runoff. I can
Orchids> literally see the difference
Orchids> in the plants color by the end of the day.

Orchids> Jerry Lee Fischer

Orchids> the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
Orchids> orchids@orchidguide.com