Hi All.
A question on Phallie growing from a new club member of our club. Of whom I
am helping set up his Orchid house for Phallies.
These were deflasked about 3 months ago into 60 mm tubes, into live Tassie
sphagnum.
They were then placed into his lounge room  for about 2 months on heat beds,
near a N/E facing large window.
They received filtered light through a lace curtin.
About 3 weeks ago my mate broke his leg on the day his orchid house was
finished to perfection.
He was in the process of moving his Phallies down there.
I went up to help move all his Phallie plants (Many 100's) into the new
house.
They were place as near as possible to original direction they were facing.
After all that waffling, the question is!
Yesterday was the first day my mate has been able to get to see his baby
Phallies.
The grow was exceptionally good, but his complaint was.
I had rearranged some of the trays to suit their placing on the heat bed and
changed leaf direction i.e. from N/S to E/W.
He said he had been told that the Phallies would "Now stop growing" and try
to rearrange their leaf growth to the original N/S direction.
Now, I do not grow phallies and know new growers get "fed a lot of bull",
any grounds in this story.
Do we rearrange the plant leaf direction or are the happy to be in such a
good environment the will grow on happily in any direction they are placed.

Ron Boyd
"Using, No Bull fertiliser"