> I must admit though, since it's likely already gone from it's native
> habitat, it's good too see some being hybridized and kept alive.

Yeah, but if it is already gone from its native habitat, that is only
because so many people were obsessed with hybridizing it and keeping it
alive at home.  I haven't heard of condos or highways being built on Pk
hillsides, just thousands of obsessed orchidists talking about how amazing
the plant is.    We orchid growers haven't come out of this situation
smelling like roses.

Note also that the hillsides were stripped long before artificially
propagated plants could possibly have been generated in large numbers, so we
can't blame CITES for preventing legal trade this time.  We have seen the
enemy and he is us.

Nick
--
Nicholas Plummer