Guido J. Braem grumbled "I am pleased that the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, Richmond have added a fast food emporium".

I thought they did that years ago ... I remember getting a quite passable fish & chips there. Its a pity the Herbarium hasn't taken steps in the same direction ... their canteen has to rate as one of the worst in London. Last time I visited, I solved the lunch problem by buying a sarny from British Rail during the morning commute ... anyone who knows about BR's culinary reputation will understand the comparison.

Guido, we know you get angry at people not knowing what they are doing, so just how did you keep your cool when you heard George W. Bush's astonishing statement at last Wednesday's news conference ? Talking about Iraq, he said: " "There will be more tough fighting ahead. If I didn't believe we could succeed, I wouldn't be there".

He was sitting in the White House when he said it.

Cheers,

Peter O'Byrne
Still in Sing.