I read Bob Wellenstein's (http://www.ladyslipper.com) article on increasing the leaching of salt out of coconut husk chips (CHC) (http://ladyslipper.com/coco3.htm) using calcium nitrate and epsom salts. I'd like to try it, but I am having trouble finding a source for calcium nitrate. Googling, I can find that it used to be commonly sold in a 15.5-0-0 formula, however my garden supply stores don't carry this anymore. (fallout from Tim McVeigh?)

Is there another common name for calcium nitrate under which it is more readily available?

K Barrett
N Calif, USA