Dear Icones,

Further than what you said, when there are
conflicting publications regarding the correct
status of one species... doubts wether they are
synonyms or not... now they are placing these
doubts there also, like "accepteb by" and "not accepted by"

Regarding Brazilian species, I thing they are in
very good shape with occurences and synonyms, of
course opinions may vary when we get down to what
to call each genus and where to split them, but
this is more like a matter of personal opinion.
They sure do the best they can to inforce the use
of things like a huge Sophronitis, Epidendrum and
Trichocentrum... I see these genera from a diferent angle.

Regarding Epidendrum peperomia, I remember of
reading a publication years ago (Garay's?)
explaining the diferences of some "varieties" and
explaining why they should be seen as diferent
species. What to call it? ... Well, Kew team is
about to release a complete phylogeny of
Epidendrum. It is my impression they will put a
large number of genera under Epidendrum, like
Neolehmania, Amblostoma, Coilostyles, Lanium and
Nanodes, etc, actually Hagsater has been doing
that for years. I am not sure I agree with the
lumpers tho. Let's see their publication
first...it is common to have some surprises.

Dalton