I use a dilute solution of Chloramine T to remove the fox marks on my old
Victorian stamps.  The watercolour restoration people also use it for the
same purpose; to remove fox marks.

Chloramine is an organic molecule with the "chlorine" part in the number 1
position on the benzene ring.  It give off hypochlorite (chlorine) slowly as
the molecule breaks down compared with adding chlorine gas or hypochlorite,
which gives an instant effect.

The only way I can see in removing it is by using a filter system, based on
activated charcoal. A more expensive way is a RO setup.

Hope this helps just a bit.

>From a very hot UK,

Peter Fowler