Nancy,

I think the AOS currently disqualifies judges who fail any part of the standard test for color blindness. I do remember when the testing became mandatory and we had to play catchup. In my region there was a judge who was a Boeing engineer and he was in my opinion, a useless judge. Somehow he managed to evade testing for a few months but one night at a monthly judging the Chairman forced him to take the test. He failed completely and went home never to be seen by any of us ever again! That episode certainly colored my view of whether even partially colorblind people might find some place in the AOS judging system but as I am no expert in color vision, possibly I am wrong.

I am with you on an enthusiastic approach to judging. In my present judging region we have fun and laugh and tease one another unmercifully. It is something to look forward to each month.

Andy Easton