Concerning the Lee and Zadith Moore letter posted on this forum Oct 10, 2006, by SheriffOrr.

I was not at all surprised at what Lee and Zadith Moore said in their letter, concerning the Arias "laboratory" and their doubt that the Peruflora  Pk seedlings sold are genuine Pk. This has  all been said before, both in Peru and outside its borders.

The difference this time is that it is being said by the Moores, who have lived and collected orchids in Peru for over 45 years; who know every orchid collector  and every vendor in the area they live and work in, Moyobamba, Peru, near where the Pk habitats once were. They know Manuel Arias very well, having gone on orchid collecting trips with Manuel for many years.

Lee is  highly respected in the orchid world; he has discovered many new orchid species and other plant species, several were named after him. Lee has been awarded many honours by many biological institutes. The most recent one on October 4, 2006 I will post in a message right after this one. Finally, Lee has never been afraid to speak out and put  it in writing.

Whatever Lee says about Peru, Peruvian people and Peruvian orchids, you better believe he knows what he is talking about, as does his wife Zadith, who is Peruvian born.

To Bill Bergstrom who said:
>"Manuel started flasking in the 80s..I spent many a day (sometimes a month at a time)
>at Manuel's house..and I can assure you that he had a very nice flasking operation going
>even then."

1) Exactly where was that "Manuel Arias flasking lab" located, when you visited it in the 80's?

2) Was this lab at his home, or at his greenhouses complex in Lima?

3) Have you visited that lab since 1995 and what did you find as far as number of flasks?

4) Have you visited the Arias Pk propagation lab since 2002?

Bill, you also said:
>"...and I can also assure you that the K seedlings are genuine..."

5) How can you be so certain; what proof do you have for those who purchased them and are worried?

peter