Jim Asher (1941-1996) was an active orchid researcher during the
1980’s when he took numerous trips to the jungles of Indonesia,
Sarawak, and Sabah looking for Paphiopedilums.  He found and
photographed Paphiopedilum sanderianum, rothschildianum, stonei,
lowii, victoria-mariae, javanicum, primulinum, purpurescens,
glaucophyllum, and chamberlainianum. He spent a month in 1982 at Kew
Herbarium in London doing research on Paph elliottianum, Paph
adductum, and Paph supardii and took numerous photographs. He named
two new paphiopedilum species: Paphiopedilum adductum (1983) and
Paphiopedilum richardianum and had several substantive articles
published in Orchid Digest, all illustrated with his own photography.

I am interested in disposing of all of Jim’s orchid slides – I will
give them away with the recipient responsible for any costs associated
with packing and shipping them. They currently occupy 18 running feet
of shelf space.

Doris Asher
332-0004