In a message dated 8/16/08 6:02:49 AM, Cynthia writes:
> Did the people keeping up the Kew check list know at the time they made the
> (probably temporary) change to the check list that the RHS hybrid list was
> going to reflect their changes almost immediately,

That is not their problem. Their job is to maintain an accurate database.
Besides, the RHS hybrid registration list does not reflect changes in the Kew
Checklist that quickly. It may take a year or two.
Right now, we don't really know which changes in taxonomy are permanent &
which are temporary. It is a fluid science. Laelia purpurata was published as
Cattleya purpurata in 1854, so you might consider its name as L. purpurata from
1854 to 2000 as temporary as well as its present designation as Sophronitis, if
you agree with the proposal to return it to Cattleya.
For comparison: the US Census Bureau has the responsibility to maintain an
accurate census of the US population. This changes every ten years. They are
not
responsible for the political fallout from changes in the census.
Iris

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.

(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007
 )