Aha! Interesting that the bracket syntax is 4X faster than using the WHERE
clause. That's a bit surprising, as I would have thought that the query
optimizer would have arrived at the same execution plan for either syntax,
since they are functionally the same.

Anyone from Orient care to comment on: a) Why the speed difference? and b)
Why the bracket syntax has the limitations it does, when it's possible to
express those queries using the WHERE clause?

--Eric